Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sin
What is sin?  Is it only an act of disobedience?  I guess this came to mind as I tackled the use of the active voice in writing rather than the passive voice.  But then, I picked up John Owen's massive treatise, Overcoming Sin and Temptation, edited by Kapic and Taylor.
Somehow what I read brought me back to James 4:17:  "So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin."
Ah, yes, omission is as much sin as commission. 
So I repented (and repent) of that which I have left undone which I ought to have done, as well as that which I have done and ought to have left undone, and ask God to reveal to me all that exists in both categories that all may be dealt with, to His glory.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home