Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A prayer regarding God's comfort
Father God,
I thank You for comfort which You have given me in my past because I know that You will also give me comfort in the future 
You are indeed the God of all comfort and Father of all mercies.  When, like the psalmists, I do not sense Your presence Your comfort, I too look to when I knew Your comfort Your presence, and rely on it once again; even if my feelings are not in line with the facts, the facts prevail and the feelings follow.
How grateful I am to You who are the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts me in all my affliction, so that I may be able to comfort those in any affliction, with the comfort with which I myself am comforted.
You comfort me through Your word and through Your body, the church.
You comfort me in the night when I cannot sleep as You remind me of Your word and of Your words, and the history we have, You and I, of times past when You comforted me.
You comfort me in the day when I think of others who need Your comfort, bringing Scriptures to mind to share with others as You have with me.
You comfort me in crowds and in solitude, in hurricane-like circumstances and those earthquaking moments others feel, which I have felt.
As You are and have been my refuge and strength, grant that through me You become refuge and strength for others, both in and outside of Your extended family.
In no way can I sufficiently express either my thanksgiving or my desire to minister as I have been ministered to.  I can but offer to You all You have graciously provided me, and willingly offer to all who need it the comfort You have graciously given me.
In Christ's name, for Your glory, in awed amazement, amen.

\

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home