Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Generations
Psalm 89:1:  "I will sing of the steadfast love of the LORD, forever; with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations."
Psalm 90:1-2: "Lord, you have been our dwelling place to all generations.  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God."
Psalm 78:1-4:  "Give ear, O my people, to my teaching; incline your ears to the words of my mouth.  I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old, things that we have heard and known, that our fathers have told us.  We will not hide them from their children, but tell them to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the LORD, and his might, and the wonders that he has done."
Psalm 79:13:  "But we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will give thanks to you forever, from generation to generation."
Psalm 22:30-31:  "Posterity shall serve him; it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generations; they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn, that he has done it."

Generations.  I am more grateful each day for the generations which preceded me and kept these commandments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home