Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Process
I have to admit that process is easier to describe than to participate in.  I face that daunting fact every time I teach writing.  The largest process we as believers participate in is that life-long undertaking (requiring death) known as sanctification.  Comforts?  Psalm 138:8 and Philippians 1:6.
Life, it seems to me
Life, it seems to me,
To be a work in progress,
The progress of finding out
What today will contain,
The process of preparing for
What comes tomorrow,
The coming to grips with
The totally unexpected,
The finding of comfort in
The Unchanging One.
Life, it seems to me, is
One gift of breath,
One gift of hope,
One gift: of the Cross.
And that and there is
Life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home