Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Security
When I turned on my e-mail and opened a letter, I was given that message no one likes to see.  It indicated my security might not be at maximum and I should download updates from another site to make sure all would be well.  Knowing both software sites, I felt secure in doing this. 
It hit me.  How often do I overlook messages that I am not keeping my spiritual security at maximum by overlooking what I need to stay strong?
Recently I gave some younger friends an assignment:  discern what they struggle with on an on-going basis and then search the scriptures for passages which deal with this.  I told them that I would be doing the same, and I have.  Wow.  The more I search, the more I am searched.  I would commend to anyone who reads this blog/post the following from Psalm 19:
Who can discern his errors?  Declare me innocent from hidden faults.  Keep back your servant from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me!  Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home