Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

struggles with technology--when they are over, will write a real post, assuming I win and can do a real post after, after all.

from my archives: A Matter of Perspective [not about technology]
It's a matter of perspective, I begin to understand,
To see things as coming from or permitted by God's hand;
And what a hand that proves to be!,
Brings comfort and stability to me.
To see that sovereignty work out through the week--
To see it in providence when I am weak--
When matters appear bleak--
To see it when I seek;
In His Word I see His work and
Find comfort and strength
For today's length--
And that is all I can ask for--
Today.
Today is all, even maybe only this moment,
This minute, this
Heartbeat;
And that is enough.
Today is wrapped in the hand and the plan of
The Eternal
The Unchangeable
The Sovereign
One.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ebeth said...

I guess it includes technology after all

8:12 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

I know this is from your archives, but I feel like you wrote it...just for me...today! This is exactly what I've been feeling and thinking on feeling the last few days. Thank you for putting it into words for me!

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home