Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Two years ago this was not the 16th but the 18th and I had major surgery that Tuesday. God chose to make it uneventful and my recovery likewise, but I did not know that when I wrote this.

I had to take care to not be sick but well enough to have the operation.

I depended then as now on the sovereignty of God. Proverbs 16:9 puts it this way: "The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps."

When and What

What I've done and what I wish to do
Are things I need to think through;
Lists made need checking off,
Prayers to not catch a cough,
Thoughts followed fully through,
Those are things I want to do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home