Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Anticipation, or more reasons to be thankful

This day is between the celebrations of Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have fond memories of the one and even grater expectations of the other. When I was a great deal younger, the anticipation was of the gifts and the meals and time with those we didn't see often. Now the anticipation is celebrating the Gift of eternal life, the Meal in Communion, and the eventual reunion with those who have gone before.
I am thankful that Christmas is the beginning of Easter, and Easter of the Ascension, and the Ascension of the Return.
Just as Christ came in the fullness of time as a baby under the rule of others, so He will return in the fullness of time, revealed as Sovereign Ruler over all.
Even so, come!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Debbie said...

"Christmas is the beginning of Easter." I like that. I never thought of it in that way.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home