Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

All Things for Good

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

All things for good--
Contingent, of course--
To those who love God,
Who are called
According to His purpose.
All things for good to those who meet
These criteria.
What comfort!
For those who meet these criteria.
And I want to, if I don't.
But I do.
And that overwhelming grace causes me to want
To love God and live a life of obedience,
And to realize how little I do and do,
And grieve in that realization.
When He is working all things for my good,
Why would I not want to do all things according to His will,
Live in line according to His purposes?
Knowing that in the struggle
I am not alone,
Not having to carry on
In my own strength.
There is comfort, encouragement, strengthening, and the increased desire
To do His will.
And I listen, having read,
"Be still and know that I am God."
And I listen, having read,
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
And I listen, having read,
"The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime; and His song will be with me in the night, a prayer to the God of my life."
And I listen, having read,
"Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken."
And I listen, and I rejoice, and I trust
That He IS working all things together for good--
All visible and all invisible; all temporal and all eternal.

2 Comments:

Blogger ChristLover said...

Yes!

12:50 PM  
Blogger ChristLover said...

Yes!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home