Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Holiness

I wonder if
Holiness were specified as
A fruit of the Spirit,
We would hear it,
Would take it to heart so to speak,
Not ignore it in favor of love as the peak
Of all God is and calls us to be.

Holiness.
Christ says in Matthew,
Be holy as I AM holy,
Not be love as I AM love.

Holiness.
Oh, Lord God,
Make me holy as You are holy.

Cleanse me.
Purge me.
Change me.

Holiness--
May I do as John wrote in his first letter,
Purify myself as You are pure.

While I recognize this is a life-long undertaking,
May Your Spirit undertake in me, with me,
To this end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home