Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Monday, August 03, 2015

All Things for Good

All things for good--
Contingent of course--
To those who love God
Who are called
According to His purpose.
All things for good for those who meet
These criteria.
What comfort!
For those who meet these criteria.
And I want to, if I don't.
But I do.
And that overwhelming grace causes me to want
To love God and to live a life of obedience,
And to realize how little I do and do,
And grieve in that realization.
When He is working all things for my good,
Why would I not want to do all things according to His will?
Live in line with His purposes?
Kno0wing that in the struggle,
I am not alone,
Not having to carry on
In my own strength,
There is comfort, encouragement, strengthening, and the increased desire
To do His will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home