Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vintage yet current

No matter my perceptions,
God is good.

When I come to the end of my comprehension,
He stands immovable, immutable, all-wise.

When I cannot sleep,
I can rest in Him.

When walls surround me,
My eyes are drawn heavenward.

When I have done all I can,
He enables me to do all I must.

When I am feeling lost,
My Shepherd is there.

When I am disobedient,
My Father disciplines me.

When I am repentant,
He receives me, restores me, rejoices with me.

He is sovereign;
I am secure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home