Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

An Unexpected Blessing


I read a lot. I commonly have more than one book open at a time. This doesn't count my Bibles, of course. This week I was reading in BECAUSE HE LOVES ME and in THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO JESUS. I came across the following scripture which proved to be an unexpected blessing to me and I trust it will be to you too:

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is in the LORD.
He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit." (Jeremiah 17:7-8)

The phrase, 'is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit,' leaped out at me because I have perceived this as a year of drought, and find comfort in the promise that 'it does not cease to bear fruit.' How can that be? Because it is the fruit borne by the Spirit which does not cease.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home