Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Personal Philosophy of Ministry

Because I was brought up in the home of believers (2 Timothy 3:14-15), I was taught that the question in any given situation was, What does the Bible say? This informs my philosophy of ministry, and always has.

2 Peter 1:3-4
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

Titus 2:3-5
Older women likewise are to be reverent in behaviour, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Christ as my model: doing only the Father's will, not to be served but to serve.
John the Baptist re Christ: I must decrease but He must increase.

Personally, I have always been a hands-on type. As I stated above, I was taught to bring Scripture to bear on any given situation (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1).

I pray for those I am responsible for, reaching out to them individually, and seeking to encourage them in their salvation or in their sanctification.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home