Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Thoughts Directed

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."

Thoughts Directed

When my thoughts are directed here, on planet earth with all its gear,
With all the maybes and if-onlys attached, only despair and sorrow are matched.
To look around me or within, all I see is grief and sin,
And those pull me down with weight and focus on what I hate.
Keeping my sights on heaven, instead, by being in God's Word, my bread,
Making that focus with purpose each day lifts my heart and thoughts away,
Brings my thinking to Christ my Lord, brings my heart to worship, adore
The One who is worthy of all I am, the One slain and risen Lamb.
Thoughts directed with care to Him makes all sorrow on earth grow dim.

Colossians 3:1-4: "Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory."

1 John 3:1-3: "See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him, purifies himself, just as He is pure."

1 Comments:

Blogger Faithwalker said...

Shalom Beloved Sister, You always make my day when I get to read thoughts so high above set upon Christ; Our Source & Destiny. HALLEL-U-JAH TO THE LAMB! Rev. 5
TY!
In Christ,
Faithwalker & HolyFaith

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home