Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Grappling with Glory (based on 2 Corinthians 12:7-10)

If I must glory in what is mine,
Then I must glory in
What I cannot do
Apart from You,
In what I cannot be
Except You enable me.
If I am to boast,
Let it be of You,
And what You are,
And what You do.
If my strength is made perfect in
My weaknesses, then
May they be enough to humble
My pride in self and yet strengthen
My pride in You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home