Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

observations on Genesis part 1


Because Every Woman's Grace is scheduled to study Joseph in the fall, Joshua in the winter, and Daniel in the spring of this coming year, we were encouraged to do some background reading during the summer. I am among a number who are reading the book of GENESIS, and no doubt rereading it, now. I have seen things I missed before. And I am going to post my observations here and elsewhere over the summer.

When God confronted Adam and Eve after they sinned, who did they blame? Adam blamed God indirectly--the woman who you gave to me--and Eve blamed the serpent; neither took any responsibility at that time. How often do I blame shift when confronted with sin?

When God warned Cain after his offering was rejected, did he hear the warning and take it to heart? Obviously not. And Abel trusted Cain, and went to the field with him. Yet Cain murdered his brother. When God gave Cain the opportunity to come clean, what was Cain's response? "Am I my brother's keeper?" How hard was his heart already? And when God banished Cain, even then he was more concerned for his own skin than the effect of all of this on his parents. How often do I worry more about myself than the consequences of my sin on others?

And Abraham and Sarah--how complicated their lives became because of the decisions they made! More on them next time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home