Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Self" Pity

Sin of sins against Thee,
King of kings and Lord of lords;
Sin of discontent,
Slander of Thee,
Signal Shepherd,
Slain Savior.
Sin of wrong centeredness,
Sin of such choice
Silencing the Spirit's voice.
Sin's slough--
Cleanse me, Father God,
Clear my eyes of
So I focus
On rather than against Thee,
On rather than against Thy Christ,
On rather than against Thy Spirit.
Oh wretch that I ought to be--
Self directed rather than toward Thee!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home